Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to add an additional wireless access point to your home network quickly and easily. This way you will have ideal Wi-Fi reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you use the same Wi-Fi settings in the FRITZ!Repeater and the FRITZ!Box, your wireless devices automatically connect with the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal (Wi-Fi roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Repeater must have a LAN port.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
To set up the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge, first connect it to the FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi.
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the FRITZ!Box. If the FRITZ!Repeater is already connected to the home network over LAN, clear that connection.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes slower.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the button, the "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 1 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green as soon as setup is completed.
3 Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater. If you are asked for a password, enter the password for the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click the "Change the Type of Connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Repeater should use and click "Next".
- Keep the Wi-Fi settings displayed for the FRITZ!Repeater and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the home network
- Connect the FRITZ!Repeater to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Powerline adapter).
Now the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the home network as a LAN bridge and is available as an additional wireless access point. The signal strength LEDs or the LED for connection quality indicate the quality of the Wi-Fi connection of the first device to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Repeater's Wi-Fi network.
AVM Section Navigation