- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Setting up call diversion in the FRITZ!Box
Call diversion allows you to automatically divert all calls or only selected calls to another line, a specific telephone, or an answering machine. Calls are either diverted by the FRITZ!Box, or they are forwarded through your telephony provider's exchange.
For example, you can specify that all calls to a specific telephone number are forwarded to a different line, or that all calls are forwarded to a different line when your line is busy.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling the telephony function
The telephony function is hidden in the user interface in the factory settings. Therefore, enable the following setting if you want to use the FRITZ!Box's telephony function:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable support for FRITZ!App Fon in the FRITZ!Box".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up call diversion
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Define which calls should be diverted:
Which calls should be diverted? Setting All calls to a specific telephone number
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone number.
All calls from a specific person
- Enable "Calls by a person in the telephone book" and select a telephone book entry.
All calls from a specific telephone number
- Enable "Calls from the telephone number" and enter a telephone number.
All calls from callers who do not transmit their number (anonymous calls)
- Enable "All calls without a telephone number to".
- Define where the calls should be diverted to:
Important:Configure the answering machine accordingly if you want to divert anonymous calls to an internal answering machine configured in the FRITZ!Box.
Divert to where? Setting To an internal answering machine in the FRITZ!Box
- Enable the option "Divert calls to internal answering machine" and select an answering machine.
To an external telephone number (for example a different line, mobile telephone)
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
To a connected telephone or an answering machine
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the internal number of the device without asterisks. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers". It is not possible to divert a call to more than one device.
- If you can choose between different settings in the drop-down list "Type of call diversion", for example immediately, when busy, or parallel call, select one. You cannot select a type for all call diversions.
Note:You can find further information on the different settings in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the "Help" symbol .
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation