Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi to increase the Wi-Fi range of your home network easily and efficiently. The FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi settings, such as Wi-Fi access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all of the devices in the home network.
You can safely set up the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and FRITZ!Box at the touch of a button (WPS, Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes slower.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the button, the "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 1 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green as soon as setup is completed.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To extend the range as much as possible, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that, depending on the model, at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange.
AVM Section Navigation