FRITZ!Box 3390 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 3490
Telephone does not ring when you receive a call
One or more of the telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box sometimes do not ring or never ring when you receive a call, although you can make calls.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Defining telephone numbers for telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone.
- Configure the telephone so that it reacts to incoming calls to the desired telephone number: Enter the number under "Outgoing calls" or "Incoming calls", or enable the option "React to all numbers".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Having your numbers checked
If the telephone still does not ring when you receive calls to an internet telephone number although the internet connection and internet telephone number were configured correctly, then your internet telephony provider is experiencing a problem:
Important:After porting telephone numbers (for example after switching to an IP-based line), telephone numbers can often be used immediately for outgoing calls. However, you cannot receive calls to these numbers for one or two days because the telephone numbers are not completely ported until then.
- Contact your internet telephony provider and have your number checked.