FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
Enabling energy-saving mode for USB hard drives
The FRITZ!Box can enable energy-saving mode (standby) for USB hard drives connected to it when they are idle.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The USB hard drive and the USB hard drive housing must support energy-saving mode.
- The USB remote connection function is not enabled for USB storage devices (under "Home Network > USB Devices > USB remote connection" in the user interface).
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Enabling the energy-saving mode in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "USB Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Energy-saving function enabled".
- From the drop-down list, select the number of minutes of inactivity after which the energy-saving mode will be enabled for the USB hard drive.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the USB hard drive will be switched to energy-saving mode whenever it has been idle for the amount of time (for example 10 minutes) you specified.