FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Not enough space available on storage (NAS)
Files cannot be copied to the FRITZ!Box's storage (NAS) although there is sufficient memory on the USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box.
One of the following error messages is displayed when you attempt to use the Windows Explorer or macOS Finder to copy files to the storage device, or when copying files to http://fritz.nas:
- Not enough space on FRITZ.NAS (\\fritz.box).
- There is not enough space on the drive.
- The operation can't be completed because the drive is full.
- Copying was aborted. Please make sure that there is a connection, sufficient memory is available, and the storage medium is not write-protected.
- The files are being transferred to the main directory or a folder in the main directory of FRITZ.NAS (for example "images", "documents", "FRITZ"). These folders are located in the FRITZ!Box's internal memory, and there is not enough space available on it for the files you want to transfer.
Note:Windows computers and some other devices display a higher storage capacity for FRITZ.NAS than is actually available. This guide contains information on this topic.
Transferring files to the USB storage device
Transfer the files to the USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
- If you use the Windows Explorer or macOS Finder, open the network folder "FRITZ.NAS" and select the folder with the same name as the USB storage device. Copy the files to a folder on it (see fig.).
Fig.: USB storage device connected to FRITZ!Box (Windows 7)
- If you are using a web browser, click on the folder with the same name as the USB storage device and copy the files to a folder on it (see fig.).
Fig.: USB storage device connected to FRITZ!Box (web browser)