FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Starting network devices over the internet (Wake on LAN)
With the "Wake on LAN" function you can start computers, NAS systems, and other network devices in your FRITZ!Box home network over the internet. This way you can use remote maintenance software to access one of your computers at any time, without having to always keep the computer on, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The device must be connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box.
- The device must support the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface) standard. Refer to the manufacturer for information on ACPI support, for example consult the manual.
- The device must be configured for sleep mode "S3", "S4" or "S5".
- Port sharing must be set up in the FRITZ!Box for the device or the application running on it. If a device should be accessible via VPN, then you must also set up a VPN connection in the FRITZ!Box, for example using FRITZ!VPN.
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
Important:The FRITZ!Box is not accessible from the internet over IPv4 when used on a DS-Lite internet connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Allowing a device to start automatically when accessed from internet
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Connections" tab.
- Click the button (Edit) for the device you would like to configure.
- Enable the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the internet".
Note:You can click the "Start Computer" button to start the device directly from standby mode and easily test whether it supports "Wake on LAN".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
The device will now be started automatically as soon as
- the device is accessed from the internet over a shared port.
- a query is sent to the device over the VPN connection.
After about 10 seconds you can access shared files and server services on the device.