FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
Importing your own certificate to the FRITZ!Box
If you have a certificate for TLS/SSL connections for an Internet domain, you can also import this certificate to the FRITZ!Box. Your certificate then replaces the certificate generated by the FRITZ!Box for HTTPS Internet access to the user interface and FTPS access to storage (NAS) contents.
This way your web browser does not display the certificate warning when you access the FRITZ!Box from the Internet.
Note:The corresponding certification authority can provide you with information on purchasing and creating your own certificates.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The certificate and the private key must both be PEM files. The private key must have been created using the RSA method and it may be password protected.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Importing the certificate
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click the "FRITZ!Box Services" tab.
- Click the "Browse..." button and select the PEM file with the certificate.
- Click "Open".
- If the certificate is protected with a password, enter it in the "Password" field.
- Click "Import..." and then "OK".