FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
Files contained in FRITZ!NAS cannot be played, edited or deleted
Files contained in FRITZ!NAS (http://fritz.nas) cannot be opened or played with the web browser or a different application. You also cannot edit or delete the files. The names of the files correspond to the directory where they were originally saved on the computer (for example "C:\Users\Martin\Music\Pharrell_Williams_Happy.mp3").
- The Internet Explorer was used to copy the files to http://fritz.nas and the browser modified them.
1 Configuring the Internet Explorer
Adjust the settings of the Internet Explorer so that you no longer experience problems when copying files to FRITZ!NAS with it:
- Start the Internet Explorer.
- Open the "Tools" menu.
- Click "Internet Options" in the "Tools" menu.
- Click on the "Security" tab.
- Click "Internet" to select this zone.
- Click "Custom level".
- Disable the option "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" (you can find this option in the lower part of the list).
- Click the "OK" button.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Deleting files from FRITZ!NAS
Delete the corrupted files from FRITZ!NAS:
- Remove the USB storage device from the FRITZ!Box and connect it to a computer.
- Use the computer to delete the corrupted files from the USB storage device.
Important:If you also cannot delete the files with the computer, you must reformat the USB storage device. Since reformatting the USB storage device will delete all of the data on it, you should back up your data before reformatting it.