- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Answering machine does not record any messages
Although the "Record messages" mode is enabled for the FRITZ!Box's answering machine, the answering machine does not record any messages. Callers cannot leave any messages and hear the greeting "Hello. No one is available to answer your call at the moment. Please call again later", for example.
- Either no more memory is available or the maximum number of messages has been reached.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Deleting messages
- Delete old messages. If you have activated automatic email forwarding, you can also have the answering machine delete the messages automatically after forwarding them via email.
2 Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box and configuring it
If a USB storage device is connected to the USB port on the FRITZ!Box and you have enabled it for the answering machine, the answering machine can record up to 254 messages. If you do not connect a USB storage device, we cannot guarantee a minimum number of messages that can be recorded or a minimum recording length:
Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the USB storage device to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The FRITZ!Box supplies USB devices with a total of up to 500 mA in accordance with the USB 2.0 specification. If more power is needed, connect your USB devices to the FRITZ!Box via a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub).
Configuring the USB storage device to recording messages
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Answering Machine" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Select the answering machine you want to configure.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Click "Additional Settings".
- Enable the option "Use USB storage medium to increase recording capacity" in the section "Messages". If you cannot enable this option, disable the USB remote connection:
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "USB Remote Connection" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Disable the "USB storage media" option.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Testing a different USB storage device
The USB storage device may be defective or incorrectly formatted:
- Connect a different USB storage device, preferably a USB memory stick, to the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation