FRITZ!Box 3272 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up LAN guest access in the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box's LAN guest access allows network devices (for example computers, game consoles) to use the fast and secure Internet access of your FRITZ!Box without allowing them to access your home network or the FRITZ!Box user interface. For instance, this means that your neighbor can use FRITZ!Powerline to use your Internet connection without being able to access your personal data.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Guest access is not available if the FRITZ!Box shares the Internet connection of another router ("IP client mode", "wireless repeater").
- IPTV playback and individual FRITZ!Box functions (such as port sharing, telephony) are not available when using guest access.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up guest access in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Guest access enabled for LAN 4".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Configuring a network device as a DHCP client
- Configure the network device (for example the network adapter on the computer connected to the FRITZ!Box) to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP).
3 Connecting the network device to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the network device (for example a computer) to the "LAN 4" port on the FRITZ!Box.
Note:You can also connect several network devices with the FRITZ!Box's LAN guest access by means of an additional hub/switch.
The network device is now connected to the Internet by means of the FRITZ!Box's guest access.
Note:You can find additional information on configuring the network device in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.