FRITZ!Box 3272 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
"Info" LED flashes red or several LEDs flash constantly
The "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes red or several LEDs on the FRITZ!Box flash constantly. The error occurred after updating FRITZ!OS manually or automatically. You may no longer be able to open the FRITZ!Box user interface and the browser only displays a white page with the error message "firmwarecfg: ERROR Error: opening page ../html/index.html".
You must clear the cache of your web browser before performing the following steps:
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press "CTRL + Shift + Del" or "CMD + Alt + E" for Safari.
- In the new window, click "Clear" or press Enter.
2 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings remain intact. The restart will take about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
3 Checking whether the update was successful
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface. If the user interface is not displayed, use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box. The recovery tool then installs the update.
- Click "System" and then "Update".
- Click the "Find New FRITZ!OS" button.
- If no new version is found, then the update was successful.
- If a newer version is found, repeat the online update procedure. If the online update fails, proceed with the following section and update manually.
4 Updating manually
Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/ in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your FRITZ!Box model, then to the subfolder "other", and then to the folder "fritz.os".
Note:The complete model name of your FRITZ!Box is displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface on the "Overview" page and on the underside of the device.
- Download the file with the extension ".image" to the computer.
Repeating the update process
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS file" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.