- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Setting up call diversion in the FRITZ!Box
Call diversion allows you to automatically divert all calls or only selected calls to another line, a specific telephone, or an answering machine. Calls are either diverted by the FRITZ!Box, or they are forwarded through your telephony provider's exchange.
For example, you can specify that all calls to a specific telephone number are forwarded to a different line, or that all calls are forwarded to a different line when your line is busy.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling the telephony function
The telephony function is hidden in the user interface in the factory settings. Therefore, enable the following setting if you want to use the FRITZ!Box's telephony function:
- Click "Wi-Fi" ("Wireless") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Wi-Fi Network" (or "Radio Network") in the "Wi-Fi" ("Wireless") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable support for FRITZ!App Fon in the FRITZ!Box".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up call diversion
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Define which calls should be diverted:
Which calls should be diverted? Setting All calls
- Enable "All incoming calls".
All calls to a specific telephone number
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone number.
All calls from a specific person
- Enable "Calls by a person in the telephone book" and select a telephone book entry.
All contacts in the telephone book
- Enable "Calls from all persons in the telephone book" and select the telephone book.
All calls from a specific telephone number or number range
- Enable "Calls from the telephone number" and enter a telephone number or number range, for example 0301234.
All calls from callers who do not transmit their number (anonymous calls)
- Enable "All calls without a telephone number to".
- Define where the calls should be diverted to:
Important:Configure the answering machine accordingly if you want to divert anonymous calls to an internal answering machine configured in the FRITZ!Box.
Divert to where? Setting To an internal answering machine in the FRITZ!Box
- Enable the option "Divert calls to internal answering machine" and select an answering machine.
To an external telephone number (for example a different line, mobile telephone)
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the destination call number.
To a connected telephone or an answering machine
- Enable the option "Destination call number" and enter the internal number of the device without asterisks. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers". It is not possible to divert a call to more than one device.
- If you select the option "Automatically" from the drop-down list "Outgoing caller ID", the FRITZ!Box tries to set up call forwarding in the telephone exchange of your telephony provider. The following requirements must be met in order to set it up at the provider. If it cannot be set up at the provider, calls are diverted in the FRITZ!Box:
Important:If you set up call blocks for incoming calls in the FRITZ!Box, they no longer apply if call diversion is set up at the provider.
- No dialing rules or call blocks are configured in the FRITZ!Box for the destination call number.
- Your provider supports the setup of call diversions. With some providers, you can also set up call diversions in your personal customer area on the internet.
- The option "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" is enabled and a telephone number is selected.
- "Immediately", "delayed" or "when busy" is selected as the "Type of call diversion".
Note:In the FRITZ!Box you cannot see whether the call diversion was set up at your provider's or in the FRITZ!Box.
- If you can choose between different settings in the drop-down list "Type of call diversion", for example immediately, when busy, or parallel call, select one. You cannot select a type for all call diversions.
Note:You can find further information on the different settings in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the "Help" symbol .
- Click "OK" to save the settings and on the FRITZ!Box, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
AVM Section Navigation