FRITZ!Box 3272 Service - Knowledge Base
Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Box
Placing the FRITZ!Box in the ideal location lays the foundation for a stable and fast wireless network in your home network. Smartphone and tablet users are especially dependent upon solid wireless reception. Since they change location often, ideally the wireless network should cover all rooms. This means that you must select a location for the FRITZ!Box where the range of the wireless network is not already limited by certain factors. The following can be used as guidelines:
- If possible, position the FRITZ!Box in a room that is centrally located. The FRITZ!Box has omnidirectional antennas; this means that the signal is emitted spherically in all directions, and the FRITZ!Box is located in the middle of this sphere.
- Do not position the FRITZ!Box directly in the corner of a room.
- Position the FRITZ!Box so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Position the FRITZ!Box as high in the room as possible, for example on a shelf.
- Position the FRITZ!Box so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it and the other wireless devices. In particular, metallic objects or objects containing water (for example a refrigerator, radiator, houseplants) significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Position the FRITZ!Box so that it is away from other transmitters (for example microwaves, baby monitors, wireless speakers, Bluetooth devices).