FRITZ!Box 3272 Service - Knowledge Base
Generating support data
We need the support data for your FRITZ!Box in order to process your support request. Generate the support data while or as immediately as possible after the issue occurs. Do not manually restart it before generating the support data, for example by unplugging it.
Note:The support data contains your FRITZ!Box settings and the event log. The information in the support data will only be used for solving this issue and will not be passed on to third parties. The support data will be deleted after the case has been closed at the latest.
1 Using the latest DSL version
The following steps are only necessary if you enabled the previous DSL version in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DSL Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Disable the option "Use previous DSL version".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Now the latest DSL version is enabled and the FRITZ!Box is restarted. The restart will take about two minutes.
2 Generating support data
- In the FRITZ!Box user interface, click on "Contents" on the bottom left of the page and then on "FRITZ!Box Support" at the bottom.
Fig.: Links to "Contents" and "FRITZ!Box Support" in the user interface
- Click the "Generate Support Data" button.
- Select the option "Save" and save the support data as a TXT file on your computer. This process may take several minutes. Do not change the name or format of the file.
- If possible, create a ZIP file containing the support data.
Note:ZIP files allow you to compress any files. In Windows, you can create ZIP files as follows: Right-click a file or folder, then select "Send to" and "Compressed (zipped) Folder" from the context menu.