FRITZ!Box 3272 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up a USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box
In the home network you can either use a USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box as a network printer, or use it with the USB remote connection software. Which operating mode is preferable depends on your requirements and the USB printer you are using.
Setting up a printer as a network printer
- Configure the USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box as a network printer if you
- want to use the printer with any computer regardless of the operating system and without any additional software.
- want to use the printer with smartphones, tablets, and other network devices.
Note:Additional functions offered by multifunction devices such as scanning or faxing are not available when the printer used as a network printer. You cannot call up the ink level indicator.
The printer must be able to process data in RAW format (unidirectional RAW over TCP). Printers that require encapsulated or bidirectional data transmission (for example some GDI or LIDIL printers) cannot be used as network printers.
Using a printer with the USB remote connection
- Configure the USB printer for use with the USB remote connectionsoftware if
- your printer is a multifunction device (also called all-in-one devices or multifunction printers) and you also want to use the device for scanning and faxing.
- you want to use the ink level indicator and other convenience functions offered by the printer.
- the printer can only be controlled bidirectionally or using encapsulated data (this is the case with some GDI and LIDIL printers, for example).
Important:The FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software is available for computers with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 / 8 / 7.