Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the home network via powerline
Connect your FRITZ!Powerline adapter to your FRITZ!Box via powerline to add an additional wireless access point to your home network quickly and easily. This way you will have ideal Wi-Fi reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you use the same Wi-Fi settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and the FRITZ!Box, your wireless devices automatically connect with the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal (Wi-Fi roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for powerline bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter into a power outlet and wait until the "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1220E / 1000E Powerline · Security 10-15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 546E / 540E WLAN · WPS und Powerline · Security 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 530E / 510E Security 12 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 520E / 500E Reset 2 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters with each other
FRITZ!Powerline adapters from a set are already connected with each other and do not require any additional settings before being used. If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters individually, you must connect the powerline adapters with each other first:
- Insert the new FRITZ!Powerline adapter that you want to add to the powerline network into a power outlet near a FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is already part of the powerline network.
- Wait until the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is ready for operation and the "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Briefly push the connection button on both of the FRITZ!Powerline adapters. It does not matter which of the connection buttons you push first. The "Powerline" LED flashes when you let go. Depending on the FRITZ!Powerline model, various other LEDs flash simultaneously.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 1220E / 1000E / 546E / 540E Powerline · Security FRITZ!Powerline 530E / 520E / 510E / 500E Security
- The process is completed and the FRITZ!Powerline adapters are connected with each other as soon as the "Powerline" LED remains lit.
3 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Connect FRITZ!Powerline adapters without Wi-Fi support to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Repeater).
AVM Section Navigation