MyFRITZ!App Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Setting up MyFRITZ!App 2 for Android
With MyFRITZ!App 2 for Android you have easy and secure access to your FRITZ!Box and your home network at home or on the go. Depending on the FRITZ!Box model being used,
- the app informs you about calls, voice messages, and other events.
- you can enable and disable the FRITZ!Box answering machine and call diversions.
- you can access FRITZ!NAS to upload or download files, or play or display multimedia contents such as photos or music.
- you can control your smart home devices (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 6.50 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Box. If FRITZ!OS 6.50 is not available for your FRITZ!Box, you can install MyFRITZ!App 1.
- Android 4.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
- The "home network connection" (VPN) function can only be used if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow applications to access it
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it so that it will once again allow applications to access it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" or "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the "Access Settings in the Home Network" section. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
The smartphone or tablet must be connected with the FRITZ!Box's wireless network when you set up the app (not the guest network):
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
3 Installing MyFRITZ!App
- Download MyFRITZ!App 2 from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start MyFRITZ!App 2.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password. If you enabled login with FRITZ!Box user name and password, enter the user name and password.
- Tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.