MyFRITZ!App Service - Knowledge Base
MyFRITZ!App displays the error message "FRITZ!Box with firmware 5.50 or later required"
MyFRITZ!App does not display the MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box. When MyFRITZ!App attempts to login to the FRITZ!Box, it displays the error message "FRITZ!Box with firmware 5.50 or later required. Please check the availability of newer firmware for the FRITZ!Box".
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
The following step is only necessary if the FRITZ!OS installed on the FRITZ!Box is earlier than 5.50:
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Waiting until the automatic lockout period has expired
If the error message is only displayed occasionally and MyFRITZ!App can to login to the FRITZ!Box without any problems a short time later, then the automatic lockout function was enabled when the error occurred.
The lockout function protects your FRITZ!Box from brute-force attacks. If you are subject to one of these attacks, countless attempts to log on with arbitrary character combinations are made in order to determine and bypass short passwords.
Note:As soon as an attempt to login to the FRITZ!Box (for example when opening the user interface) fails because the wrong login data was entered, the lockout function prevents you from re-attempting to log in for two seconds at first. Each time an attempt to log on fails, the lockout delay is automatically doubled. After seven failed attempts, the maximum of 128 seconds is reached.
- Wait several minutes and then try to login to the FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ!App.
3 Reconfiguring the connection to the FRITZ!Box in MyFRITZ!App
If the error message is displayed after each attempt to login to the FRITZ!Box, then the login data entered for the FRITZ!Box user in MyFRITZ!App is incorrect, or the user was not assigned the right to "View/listen to voice messages, faxes, FRITZ!App Fon and call list" from the FRITZ!Box from the Internet.
Therefore, check the rights assigned to the FRITZ!Box user and reconfigure MyFRITZ!App:
- Start MyFRITZ!App.
- Delete the connection to the FRITZ!Box in MyFRITZ!App:
- In Android:
- Tap the menu icon on the top right to open the "Settings" menu, and then tap "Settings".
- Tap and hold the entry for the FRITZ!Box, and then tap "Remove" in the context menu.
- In iOS:
- Tap the gear icon on the bottom to open the "Settings" menu.
- Tap the info icon next to the FRITZ!Box and then "Remove Login Data".
- In Android:
- Reconfigure the connection to the FRITZ!Box in MyFRITZ!App. In MyFRITZ!App, enter the login data of a FRITZ!Box user who is authorized to access the FRITZ!Box from the Internet.
Note:You can edit the access rights of FRITZ!Box users under "System > FRITZ!Box Users" in the user interface.