- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160
- FRITZ!Repeater 600
Finding the ideal location for repeater with FRITZ!App WLAN
Whether you want to use a FRITZ!Repeater, an additional FRITZ!Box, or a FRITZ!Powerline adapter with Wi-Fi support as a wireless repeater, the correct positioning of the repeater is a key factor when extending the Wi-Fi range of your home network. The quality of the connection between the repeater and your FRITZ!Box is just as important as the quality of the connection between the repeater and the wireless devices connected to it.
This means that when selecting a location for the repeater, you must find a location where the repeater is capable of establishing fast and stable connections to the FRITZ!Box, and at the same time its own Wi-Fi network must be readily accessible for your wireless devices.
FRITZ!App WLAN checks the quality of the connection between the repeater and the FRITZ!Box and gives you tips on how to improve the position of the repeater.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Box and the repeater.
1 Using FRITZ!App WLAN to check the connection quality
- Start FRITZ!App WLAN.
- Tap the "My Repeaters" button in FRITZ!App WLAN.
- Tap the button "Evaluate Repeater Position".
- Now FRITZ!App WLAN shows you the quality of the connection:
Fig.: Checking the repeater's position with FRITZ!App WLAN
- If FRITZ!App WLAN suggests you reposition the repeater, position it elsewhere. Note the tips given in this guide on finding the ideal position.
- After repositioning the repeater, in Android tap the symbol in FRITZ!App WLAN again or in iOS tap "Repeater not listed?" and then "Refresh" to re-evaluate the repeater's position.
2 Tips on finding the ideal location
- If possible, do not position the repeater directly behind or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Do not position the repeater directly in the corner of a room.
- Position the repeater so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it, the FRITZ!Box, and other wireless devices. Especially metallic objects or objects containing water, such as radiators, refrigerators, or even houseplants, significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Position the repeater away from other radio transmitters, such as microwaves, wireless speakers, or Bluetooth devices.
AVM Section Navigation