Setting up FRITZ!App Media
With FRITZ!App Media you can play media content such as photos, video or music from the FRITZ!Box Media Server on your Android smartphone or tablet.
If you have a television, stereo system or wireless speakers with networking capabilities in your home network, you can also use FRITZ!App Media as a remote control and play media files directly on the other device. For example, with FRITZ!App Media you can play music files from the FRITZ!Box Media Server directly through a wireless speaker.
Important:We no longer develop or support FRITZ!App Media. This is why we no longer offer the app in the Google Play Store. However, if FRITZ!App Media is still installed on your devices, you can continue to use it. As an alternative to FRITZ!App Media, we recommend using the app VLC for Android, for example. We have successfully tested it with the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Android 4.4 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server
- Set up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server.
2 Installing FRITZ!App Media
- Download the last released version of FRITZ!App Media as an APK file from the following address and install the app on your smartphone or tablet:
3 Playing media files on a different playback device
Perform the following step if you only want to use FRITZ!App Media as a remote control to play the media files on a device other than your Android device:
Note:You can only use FRITZ!App Media to play media files on another device if that device supports the UPnP AV standard.
- Start FRITZ!App Media.
- Select the AVM FRITZ!Mediaserver.
- Tap the media file you want to play.
- Press the menu key on the Android device and select the device you want to play the media files on as the output device.
Now the media files you play using FRITZ!App Media are played on the other playback device.
AVM Section Navigation