- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
Setting up a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box
You want to set up a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box manually? ✔ Here is how to set up Wi-Fi with the default password or your own password.
You can connect Android devices to the internet and your home network quickly and securely via the Wi-Fi network of your FRITZ!Box.
Note:Here we show you how to set up the Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box using Android 9 ("Pie") as an example.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi settings
Determining the Wi-Fi settings in the factory settings
If it is set to factory settings, you can find the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi settings on the bottom of the device:
- You can find the name of the Wi-Fi network (SSID) in the section "WLAN Network (SSID)".
- You can find the name of the network key in the section "WLAN Network Key [...].
Fig.: SSID and network key
Determining the current Wi-Fi settings
If you are not sure whether the Wi-Fi settings on the bottom of the device are still valid, see the user interface for the settings:
- Click "Wi-Fi" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Wi-Fi Network" ("Radio Network") in the "Wi-Fi" ("Wireless") menu.
- Make note of the name of the Wi-Fi network (SSID).
- Click "Security" in the "Wi-Fi" menu.
- Make note of the network key.
2 Establishing a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box
Note:It is especially easy to establish the connection with FRITZ!App WLAN, for example by pointing the camera on your smartphone at the QR code found under "Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Channel" ("Wireless > Radio Network") in the user interface.
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Network & Internet" in the "Settings" menu.
- Tap "Wi-Fi".
- If Wi-Fi is switched off, tap the "On / Off" symbol.
- Tap the connection that displays the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".
AVM Section Navigation