- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 3490
FRITZ!App Fon does not ring when you receive a call
FRITZ!App Fon sometimes does not ring or never rings when you receive calls, although FRITZ!App Fon is correctly registered with the FRITZ!Box and you can make telephone calls with this number.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Disabling call blocks and call through in the FRITZ!Box
2 Defining telephone numbers for FRITZ!App Fon
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for FRITZ!App Fon. When it was installed, FRITZ!App Fon was automatically set up with the device name of the telephone on the "LAN/WLAN" port.
- From the drop-down list "Outgoing Calls", select the number that FRITZ!App Fon should use for making calls.
- Specify which numbers FRITZ!App Fon should react to when you receive calls.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Maintaining a permanent internet connection
Calls to your internet telephone number can only reach the FRITZ!Box if an internet connection is active. Some FRITZ!Box models must be configured to permanently maintain the internet connection:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click "Change connection settings".
- Enable the option "Maintain permanently (recommended for flat rates)". If the option is not shown, the FRITZ!Box is already permanently connected to the internet.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
4 Having your numbers checked
If the telephone still does not ring when you receive calls to an internet telephone number although the internet connection and internet telephone number were configured correctly, your internet telephony provider is experiencing a problem:
Important:After porting telephone numbers (for example after switching to an IP-based connection), telephone numbers can often be used immediately for outgoing calls. However, you cannot receive calls to these numbers for one or two days because the telephone numbers are not completely ported until then.
- Contact your internet telephony provider and have your number checked.
AVM Section Navigation