- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Parties cannot hear each other
When conducting calls, one of the following issues either occasionally occurs or always occurs. It either occurs right at the beginning of the conversation or sometime during the conversation, for example after five minutes:
- You do not hear the other party.
- The other party does not hear you.
- The parties cannot hear each other.
This may give the impression that the telephone connection has been terminated. However, the connection is still active. You can see that it is because the telephony LED on the FRITZ!Box remains lit. The LED does not switch off until you end the call by hanging up.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Enabling alternative microphone
The following steps are only necessary if the problem occurs with FRITZ!App Fon on an Android device:
- Start FRITZ!App Fon.
- Tap "More" and then "Settings".
- Tap the menu key on the telephone and then tap "Advanced".
- Enable the option "Alternative microphone".
2 Activating the microphone
The following steps are only necessary if the problem occurs with FRITZ!App Fon on an iOS device:
- Open the iOS settings.
- Tap "Privacy" and then "Microphone".
- Activate the microphone for FRITZ!App Fon.
AVM Section Navigation