FRITZ!App Cam Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Stick v2
- FRITZ!WLAN Stick N v2
- FRITZ!WLAN Stick AC 860
- FRITZ!WLAN Stick AC 430
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E
Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box in Android
You can easily connect Android devices to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi), and thus enable them to access the Internet and other devices in your home network. To do so, set up the wireless connection on each Android device just once as described here. The device then establishes the connection automatically.
Note:Here we show you how to set up a connection to the FRITZ!Box using a Google Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2 as an example.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings
Determining the wireless settings in the factory settings
If your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings correspond to the factory settings, you can find them on the sticker on the underside of the device:
- The name of the wireless network (SSID) corresponds to the model name of your FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Box 7490).
- The network key corresponds to the numerical code next to the key symbol.
Fig.: SSID and network key
Determining the current wireless settings
If the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings were changed, you can find them in the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the name of the wireless network (SSID) for the frequency band you would like to use to establish the wireless connection.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the network key.
2 Establishing a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Wi-Fi" in the "Settings" menu.
- If wireless LAN is turned off, tap the "OFF" icon next to the "Wi-Fi" option to enable wireless LAN.
- Tap the connection that displays the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".