- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box in Android
You want to set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box manually? ✔ Here is how to set up wireless LAN with the default password or your own password.
You can easily connect your Android devices to the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The devices can then access the internet and other devices in your home network.
Note:Here we show you how to set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box using Android 8.1 ("Oreo") as an example.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings
Determining the wireless settings in the factory settings
If it is set to factory settings, you can find the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings on the bottom of the device:
- The name of the wireless network (SSID) corresponds to the model name of the FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Box 7490).
- The network key corresponds to the numerical code next to the key symbol.
Fig.: SSID and network key
Determining the current wireless settings
If you are not sure whether the wireless settings on the bottom of the device are still valid, see the user interface for the current settings:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the name of the wireless network (SSID).
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the network key.
2 Establishing a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
Note:It is especially easy to use FRITZ!App WLAN to connect your Android devices to the FRITZ!Box.
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Network & Internet" in the "Settings" menu.
- Tap "WiFi".
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap "OFF" next to the entry "WiFi".
- Tap the connection with the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".
AVM Section Navigation