Info on FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Firmware
the update file in this folder contains the current firmware for FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G.
Important: This firmware is only intended for use with FRITZ!WLAN Repeater International Edition
Product: FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
New Features: -Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!WLAN Repeater. Please check for important information here: http://www.avm.de/en/Sicherheit
- improved detection of the MediaRenderer with FRITZ!Fon, FRITZ!App Media, Windows 7/8 Media Player
- continous playback of multiple tracks improved
- improved playback of media files with non-latin characters
Changes in 68.04.88:
- Security: removes possiblity for unauthorized access to FRTIZ!WLAN Repeater.
Changes in 68.04.87:
- WLAN: night service delayed when playback of audio-signals is active
- Audio: fixed problems with internet radio stations
- Audio: improved detection of the MediaRenderer with FRITZ!Fon, FRITZ!App Media, Windows 7/8 Media Player
- Audio: continous playback of multiple tracks improved
- Audio: improved playback of media files with non-latin characters
- Audio: fixed a problem, where time of the current track was displayed incorrectly on some media clients
- Audio: fixed sporadic noises when rebooting the Repeater
Changes in 68.04.86:
- IPv6 Passthrough support
- WLAN: improved WLAN stability and WPS-interoperability
Changes in 68.04.85:
- Audio: integrated internet-radio. Playback internet-radio without additional software.
- Audio: integrated UPNP-Renderer. Playback music from any UPNP server directly on the repeater
- WLAN: increased WLAN-stability
- WLAN: improved WPS-interoperability
- GUI: WLAN-userinterface improved
- FM-radio: if there is no audio-signal, the repeater will send a beep on the set frequency
- Display: timeout for statusinformation now configurable
- Display: name of active radiostation can be shown as status-info
- Display: internet-radio can be changed on the display
- System: improved update-handling
Changes in 68.04.78:
- WLAN: fixes connection problems
To carry out the firmware update:
1) Open your Internet browser and enter the address "fritz.repeater"
2) Select the menu "System" and then the sub-menu "Firmware Update".
3) Use the "Browse ..." button to enter the appropriate path to the update file.
4) Click the "Update" button.
To recover the storage space on your hard drive, you can delete the update file after
you have carried out the update.
© AVM GmbH 2014. All rights reserved.
This firmware package consists of files which are distributed under different
license terms, in particular under AVM proprietary license or under any Open
Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public
License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt"
(ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/license.txt). The source
code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request