Broadband meets Mesh: FRITZ!Box 7583 for G.fast and supervectoring and the new Mesh from FRITZ!OS 7
At this year's Broadband World Forum (BBWF), taking place from 23 to 25 October, AVM will be presenting its FRITZ!Box portfolio as well as new mesh functions for long-range WiFi and stable connections in users' home networks. The focus is on the new FRITZ!Box 7583, which supports all DSL technologies, from VDSL and supervectoring to G.fast with 106 MHz and 212 MHz. Thanks to the Dual Line Interfaces the FRITZ!Box 7583 can also bundle these DSL technologies (bonding). An additional highlight at this year's trade fair is FRITZ!OS 7. New in this version of the operating system is the ability to integrate additional FRITZ!Box devices in the home network, making the seamless communication of mesh available for telephony and Smart Home applications, alongside wireless LAN. This major upgrade has now been rolled out in Germany and other international markets for the most popular FRITZ!Box models, bringing with it a whole host of new features for home networking. In addition AVM is showcasing the new FRITZ!Repeater 3000, a mesh repeater with three radio units, an especially long wireless LAN range and a high level of data throughput. The FRITZ!Box 5490 (AON) and 5491 (GPON), that can be used directly at fibre optic outlets, the FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable for DOCSIS 3.1 as well as the FRITZ!Box 7590 and 6890 LTE round out AVM's appearance at the BBWF. There will also be talks from AVM experts about Mesh WiFi and fiber optics. All of the FRITZ! highlights can be found at the Berlin exhibition grounds in Hall 21a, Stand C107.
The future of DSL is now, with FRITZ!Box 7583: for G.fast and 35b supervectoring
The new FRITZ!Box 7583 is a do-it-all router for DSL connections. From VDSL, vectoring and 35b supervectoring to G.fast with 106 MHz and 212 MHz, network providers can deploy the new FRITZ!Box for their customers for all DSL expansion phases. It can also bundle the speeds offered by these DSL technologies via dual line interfaces (bonding). These two complete Line Interfaces give network providers a high level of flexibility and ensure they are ready for the future. In single-line operation the FRITZ!Box 7583 achieves download rates of up to 300 Mbit/s with 35b supervectoring and 1.5 Gbit/s with G.fast (212 MHz). Thanks to bonding, it is possible to achieve data rates of up to 600 Mbit/s or 3 Gbit/s with G.fast (212 MHz). When it comes to high-performance home networking, the FRITZ!Box is equipped with dual-band wireless AC+N, four gigabit LAN ports and two USB ports and a complete telephone system. Via two ISDN S0 interfaces, the FRITZ!Box 7583 offers four channels for business telephone systems (SIP trunking) and allows existing ISDN infrastructure to be used.
FRITZ!OS 7: the next level for FRITZ! products, with mesh, telephony and Smart Home updates
A FRITZ!Box provides users with fast internet, telephony and innovative mesh functions in a single device. As well as saving energy and space, it's also future-proof thanks to regular updates such as FRITZ!OS 7. FRITZ! products form a high-performance Mesh system with multiple access points, which can expanded as needed. FRITZ!OS 7 builds on this convenience and offer updates for Mesh WiFi, telephony, Smart Home and MyFRITZ!. From faster connection times for storing media on a FRITZ!Box to new functions for the FRITZ!Fon and a mesh connection overview to more Smart Home convenience, FRITZ!OS 7 opens up many new home networking possibilities. With the new FRITZ!OS update, AVM has also extended mesh technology to telephony and Smart Home. By using an additional FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater, users can integrate more telephony and Smart Home devices in their home networks.
Top WiFi speeds wherever you are: the new FRITZ!Repeater 3000
With the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 AVM is showcasing its upcoming wireless repeater for high-performance mesh WiFi networks. The Mesh Repeater has three radio units with smart mesh repeating and two gigabit LAN ports. These features mean the new product is perfect for blanketing even very large homes or offices in WiFi. The new repeater transmits in the 2.4 GHz and 5-GHz frequency bands concurrently while an additional 5 GHz wireless LAN band allows users to connect all devices in the FRITZ!Box's Mesh network. This dedicated channel allows mesh routers and mesh repeaters to communicate with each other. The Mesh Repeater makes efficient use of the entire wireless spectrum, so that users will always have stable connections with high data throughput level, whether they're playing games, streaming or just checking their emails. Innovative WiFi technologies such as band steering mean that smartphones and tablets can switch the frequency band more quickly - including for existing connections. The new Mesh Repeater can be placed anywhere and can be connected to users’ FRITZ! home networks at the touch of a button. The FRITZ!Repeater 3000's power consumption is also impressive, remaining low despite the repeater's high performance.
FRITZ!Box for gigabit speeds on broadband connections
Fiber to the premises is something that many customers want, especially if they need faster data transmission speeds. Both the FRITZ!Box 5490 and the FRITZ!Box 5491 can already be connected directly to the optical fiber connector in homes and offices. In one single device, customers get ONT, telephony, wireless LAN and Smart Home functions. The FRITZ!Box 5490 is suitable for active optical networks (AON) while the FRITZ!Box 5491 is suitable for gigabit passive optical networks (GPON). Alongside the two fiber optic routers, AVM will also be showing the new FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable at the BBWF. It supports DOCSIS 3.1, which is already in use in the first cities with gigabit cable. The current top models for DSL incl. supervectoring, the FRITZ!Box 7590 and the FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE, will also be at this year's BBWF. Both models have a mobile broadband and DSL modem. All models are equipped with a wide range of connection options for home network devices and telephony as well as for speedy wireless LAN and the new mesh functions and features.
Talks from AVM experts at BBWF 2018
Wednesday 24 October
4:40pm-5pm, Connected Home area: "Home Wi-Fi: The Integral Building Block", presentation by Dr. Gerd Thiedemann, Director Product Management at AVM
Thursday 25 October
10:40am-11am, "Three problems to avoid in FTTH Deployments", presentation by Eric van Uden, Country Manager Netherlands and Tech Expert at AVM
FRITZ! product highlights at BBWF 2018
- Supports single line and bonding of G.fast (106 MHz and 212 MHz) and VDSL including 35b supervectoring
- Dual band Wireless AC + N with 1,733 (5 GHz) + 800 Mbit/s (2.4 GHz) concurrently with MU-MIMO
- 1 gigabit WAN port
- 4 gigabit LAN ports for PC, game consoles, and more
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for printers and storage media (NAS)
- DECT base station for up to 6 telephones and Smart Home applications
- 2 ports for analog telephones or fax and 2 ISDN S0, suitable for SIP trunking
- FRITZ!OS with parental controls, media server, FRITZ!NAS, wireless guest access, MyFRITZ!
- The FRITZ!Box 7583 will be available from providers, contingent on the technology used
- A high-performance Mesh Repeater for wide range and high data throughput in wireless networks
- Equipped with three radio units that work with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously; max. data throughput rates of 400 Mbit/s at 2.4 GHz (2 x 2), 866 MBit/s at 5 GHz (2 x 2) and 1733 Mbit/s at 5 GHz (4 x 4)
- Connects to a router/FRITZ!Box via the dedicated 5-GHz band with max. 4x4 (uplink), an independent second access point in the 5-GHz band (2x2) for connecting WiFi devices
- Increases the range of any wireless network quickly and easily
- Easy setup at the touch of a button
- Keeps the wireless network name and wireless password of the existing wireless network (on every wireless router via WPS), meaning no changes have to be made to the wireless devices
- Top wireless performance everywhere thanks to band steering incl. idle steering
- 2 gigabit LAN ports for connecting network-enabled devices by cable
- Color LEDs indicate the connection setup and connection quality; with the FRITZ!App WLAN users can also find the best sport for their wireless connection
- Vertical repeater that can be placed anywhere in the home or office, with the following dimensions (8.8 x 13.6 x 18.4 cm)