The latest innovations from FRITZ! for fast DSL, Mesh WiFi, Smart Home and telephony
At IFA 2018, AVM is presenting three new products for a supercharged home network. With the FRITZ!Box 7530 the Berlin-based communications specialist is adding a new DSL router to its portfolio, for fast With the FRITZ!Box 7530 the Berlin-based communications specialist is adding a new DSL router to its portfolio, for fast 35b supervectoring with speeds of up to 300 MBit/s. The new FRITZ!Fon C6 is an all-rounder telephone for telephony and Smart Home applications. In addition, the FRITZ!Repeater 3000, a new Mesh product, will also be making its debut at this year's IFA trade fair. In addition, the FRITZ!Repeater 3000, a new Mesh product, will also be making its debut at this year's IFA trade fair. The new Mesh Repeater with three radio units (2.4 GHz and 2 x 5 GHz) meets the highest demands on wireless LAN connections for multiple mobile devices. AVM will also be presenting the new functions for the smart thermostat DECT 301 while at the IFA stand the focus will be on the new FRITZ!OS 7 operating system. This major update is already available for many FRITZ!Box models, including for DSL and Cable, and introduces more than 77 new features and improvements for Mesh WiFi, Smart Home and telephony. The new FRITZ! products can be experienced live at IFA stand 109, hall 17.
The FRITZ!Box 7530, which comes in a compact, white housing, is celebrating its premiere at the IFA. Like AVM's DSL flagship, the FRITZ!Box 7590, this elegant entry-level model can be used at all DSL connections and is especially suitable for speedy supervectoring connections. The FRITZ!Box 7530 is equipped with 2 x 2 dual-band wireless AC + N in the 2.4 and 5-GHz bands, four gigabit LAN ports and a fast USB port. A DECT base station for telephone, Smart Home features and a port for analog telephones offer great convenience in the home network.
With the new FRITZ!Fon C6, AVM is presenting a new all-rounder for telephony and Smart Home. The cordless telephone combines a broad array of functions with a modern, white design. The new ergonomic design makes the FRITZ!Fon C6 very comfortable to hold while making phone calls. The layout and feel of the keypad has been optimized and the tactile keys make the phone safe and easy to use. The new telephone offers all of the familiar FRITZ!Fon highlights, including HD telephony, an answering machine, and multiple telephone books. Convenient functions such as Smart Home, internet radio, email reception, baby monitor and an alarm make the FRITZ!Fon an all-rounder for any situation. Thanks to the new FRITZ!OS 7, the FRITZ!Fon C6 comes equipped with new features such town or country names being displayed on incoming and outgoing calls, or the option of adding up to five different ring tones. The FRITZ!Fon C6 has a very powerful battery. This gives the phone a battery talk time of up to 16 hours and standby times of up to 12 days.
With the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 AVM is expanding its portfolio of Mesh products for high-performance Mesh WiFi networks. To ensure WiFi with high speeds reaches every corner of a bigger home or office, the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 offers maximum performance via its three radio units with smart Mesh repeating and two gigabit LAN ports. The new repeater transmits in the 2.4 and 5-GHz frequency bands concurrently. The additional 5-GHz wireless channel is ideal for connecting all devices in the Mesh network to the FRITZ!Box, as this dedicated channel allows Mesh routers and Mesh repeaters to communicate with each other. The Mesh Repeater makes efficient use of the entire wireless spectrum, so that users will always have stable connections with high data throughput level, whether they're playing games, streaming or just checking their emails. Innovative WiFi technologies such as band steering including idle steering (11v, 11k) mean that smartphones and tables can switch the frequency band more quickly - including for existing connections. It doesn't matter if the tablet or smartphone is near the Mesh Router or far away from the Mesh Repeater, the new FRITZ!Repeater 3000 blankets the home or office in WiFi, from which users' mobile devices also profit. The new Mesh Repeater can be placed anywhere and can be connected to your FRITZ! home network at the touch of a button. The FRITZ!Repeater 3000's power consumption is also impressive, remaining low despite the Repeater's high performance. Alongside the popular and powerful FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E, the new FRITZ!Repeater 3000 rounds out AVM's portfolio of Mesh products for top wireless performance.
This major update is already available for a number of FRITZ!Box models, including for DSL and Cable connections. With FRITZ!OS 7 the FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable, and soon the FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable, will benefit from mesh networking for the first time - for WiFi, telephony and Smart Home. The new FRITZ!OS 7 offers users more than 77 updates and improvements for their FRITZ!Box. For example, users are now able to integrate an additional FRITZ!Box, including the WiFi, telephony and Smart Home interfaces, into their Mesh networks, extending WiFi to all corners of the home or office. The update offers higher speeds, improved WiFi coverage and security, making the FRITZ! home network even more convenient and easy to use. It also allows users to install Smart Home devices from other manufacturers, as long as they are compatible with the FRITZ!Box. Other new features include the open FRITZ! Hotspot, regular MyFRITZ! reports by email, improved performance for FRITZ!NAS and increased convenience for FRITZ!Fon.
With the new FRITZ!OS 7 update, both FRITZ!DECT products and devices from other manufacturers that support the HAN FUN protocol (DECT ULE) can now be used directly with a FRITZ!Box. This includes HAN-FUN-compatible wall switches, door-window contacts and motion sensors, for example from Deutsche Telekom. Together with a FRITZ!Box and the FRITZ!DECT 200 and FRITZ!DECT 210 switchable sockets, they can be used in a number of different situations. For example, you can set your FRITZ!DECT smart plug to turn on a light when a motion sensor detects movement. This dramatically expands the scope of functions and applications that can be controlled via a FRITZ!Box, so it's even easier to make your house a Smart Home.
The FRITZ!DECT 301 smart thermostat is getting new features such as the locally variable Boost function, which can heat up a room in a matter of minutes. You can change the times for the Boost function using the FRITZ!DECT 3000's plus and minus buttons, which can also be used to set fixed patterns for the window opening function. This makes the smart thermostat more flexible than ever. The e-paper display with an exceptionally legible font can be read from every angle and is very energy-efficient. The display content is now also rotatable in 90 degree steps to make reading even more comfortable and convenient. Users of the FRITZ!DECT 200 and FRITZ!DECT 210 smart plugs can use these devices as temperature sensors for radiator controls or thermostats. This makes it even easier to control the room temperature based on individual needs.
A new feature for FRITZ!OS 7 is the possibility to set up Smart Home templates. They can be used to configure and manage multiple devices, for example the FRITZ!DECT 301, and for a range of different scenarios such as public holidays, work shifts and vacation. The templates can be changed at the touch of a button, and soon also with the MyFRITZ!App. The new display shows which Smart Home products are connected to the Mesh network, giving the user even more transparency. Starting with FRITZ!OS 7, users can also use additional FRITZ!Box models as Mesh Repeaters, thereby increasing the maximum number of Smart Home products that can be used in the home network.
DSL networks in Germany are currently experiencing the biggest changes since the introduction of VDSL. Since August DSL providers in Germany are offering internet plans with 250 Mbit/s. To profit from these high-speed connections, users need compatible end devices. AVM offers five router models that already support the ultra-fast DSL technology: FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 7581, 7582 and the FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE. Thanks to improvements in the frequency range, from 17 MHz to 35 MHz and the latest vectoring technology, 35b supervectoring allows download rates of up to 300 Mbit/s and upload rates of 50 MBit/s. Depending on the length of the cable and the quality of the connection, faster tariff models are also possible. Alongside supervectoring, the FRITZ!Box models mentioned above also support all other common DSL connections. +They are also high-performance routers for fast internet, telephony, Mesh WiFi and Smart Home.
- Supports ADSL, VDSL, VDSL vectoring, 35b supervectoring with up to 300 Mbit/s
- 2 x 2 dual band Wireless AC+N with Multi-User MIMO (866 Mbit/s + 400 Mbit/s)
- Four gigabit LAN ports and one USB port for storage media
- DECT base station for telephones and Smart Home applications and an analog socket
- FRITZ!OS: with parental controls, media server, FRITZ!NAS, wireless guest access, MyFRITZ!
- Optional internet connection via the gigabit WAN port for flexible operation on cable or fiber optic modems
- A compact FRITZ!Box with a white design and a low power consumption of 6 watts
- DECT cordless phone with many convenience and Smart Home functions
- Top voice quality thanks to HD telephony, full duplex hands-free communication
- Web radio, email reception, hands-free calling, baby monitor, alarm, alternating between calls, three-party conference call
- A high-resolution color display, illuminated keypad, headset jack
- Voice transmission encrypted upon delivery for greater security
- Telephone book for 300 entries, online contacts and multiple answering machines
- Control of FRITZ!Box functions including wireless LAN switch, Smart Home applications, playback function of the media server
- Display of live images from webcams or intercom systems including door opening function
- 16 hours of talking time, up to 12 days on standby
- Light, proximity and motion sensor for energy-efficient display operation
- Volume control buttons on the side of the handset
- A high-performance Mesh Repeater for a wide range of applications and high data throughput in your wireless network
- Equipped with three radio units that work with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously (max. data throughput rates of 400 Mbit/s at 2.4 GHz (2 x 2), 866 MBit/s at 5-GHz (2 x 2) and 1733 Mbit/s at 5 GHz (4 x 4)
- Connects to a router/FRITZ!Box via the dedicated 5-GHz band with max. 4 x 4 (uplink), an independent second access point in the 5-GHz band (2 x 2) for connecting WiFi devices.
- Increases the range of any wireless network quickly and easily
- Easy setup at the touch of a button
- Keeps the wireless network name and wireless password of the existing wireless network (on every wireless router via WPS), meaning no changes have to be made to the wireless devices
- Top wireless performance everywhere thanks to band steering incl. idle steering
- 2 x gigabit LAN ports for connecting network-enabled devices by cable
- Color LEDs indicate the connection setup and connection quality; with the FRITZ!App WLAN users can also find the best sport for their wireless connection
- Vertical repeater that can be placed anywhere in the home or office, with the following dimensions (8.8 x 13.6 x 18.4 cm)
- Low power consumption in standby mode and when being used
The benefits of Mesh WiFi from FRITZ!
- Top wireless LAN even when the structural conditions are not optimal e.g. thick walls or ceilings
- Seamlessly extend your home WiFi as needed with a wireless repeater, powerline device and a FRITZ!Box.
- Set up new Mesh Repeaters at the touch of a button
- No need to adjust end devices: the wireless name and password remain the same
- Excellent WiFi signal and top data throughput rates throughout the home or office thanks to the automatic channel selection and client steering
- Ideal basis for top video and TV quality thanks to optimized streaming and multicast
- Users can centrally manage their Mesh network via the FRITZ!Box, including automatic updates for Mesh products
- The latest and best WiFi and device security upon delivery - including automatic updates and parental controls
- Additional guest wireless LAN as an open or private hotspot, securely separated from the home network
- Expandable: Smart Home, telephony and DECT functions can also be spatially distributed in the Mesh network.
- The FRITZ!App WLAN: Overview of the home network’s wireless LAN.
AVM Section Navigation