New Wireless AC router by AVM: Fast and convenient home networking
- Can be used on any cable, DSL or fiber optic modem
- Fast Wireless AC + N with up to 866 + 400 Mbit/s concurrently
- Versatile connections via gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- Flexible deployment even with mobile communication dongles
- On sale now for 89 Euros
The new FRITZ!Box 4040 is perfect for an easy start into home networking. The wireless router is so versatile it can be used on any cable, DSL or fiber optic modem, or even in existing networks. It also supports Internet access over the mobile communications network via 3G or 4G dongle. Users can rely on both Wireless AC with up to 866 Mbit/s and Wireless N with up to 400 Mbit/s for cable-free data transmission. Included in the package are, among others: a gigabit WAN port, four gigabit LAN ports for big data network applications, and a 3.0 and a 2.0 USB port for network devices like printers and storage media. Smartphones can easily be connected to the FRITZ!Box over WiFi and used as VoIP phones. Plus, the FRITZ!Box 4040 – available now for 89 Euros (RRP) – comes with the latest FRITZ!OS.
Fast connections with dual band Wireless AC + N and gigabit Ethernet
High-speed Wireless AC with up to 866 Mbit/s provides for wireless connections with great throughput rates in the 5-GHz band. At the same time, transmissions of up to 400 Mbit/s in the 2.4-GHz band are possible. New wireless devices can be connected to the FRITZ!Box 4040 easily with a push of the WPS button. What's more, thanks to the four gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, the FRITZ!Box is perfect for big data network applications like 4k videos, games, web TV and video on demand via Ethernet cable.
Images, movies, music and more throughout the entire home network
The FRITZ!Box 4040 provides images, music, videos and other data for the whole network. Even when the computer is switched off, devices such as storage media or printers connected via USB 3.0/2.0 can easily be integrated into the home network through print and media servers. Plus, the MyFRITZ! service allows users to access their home network securely from anywhere using the Internet.
Smartphone calls via the Internet
FRITZ!App Fon makes it is easy to connect a smartphone to the FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN and use it as a VoIP phone. This way you can conveniently reach any telephone line over the Internet. Other free FRITZ!Apps like the MyFRITZ!App and FRITZ!App WLAN provide additional convenience. en.avm.de/apps
Broad array of functions through FRITZ!OS and five-year warranty
As usual, users receive a five-year warranty as well as the versatile functions of FRITZ!OS with the new FRITZ!Box 4040. These functions include wireless guest access, parental controls and VPN, and the user interface display adjusts automatically to smartphones and tablets. On top of this, regular, free updates equip the FRITZ!Box with the latest innovations. The FRITZ!Box 4040 is available now for 89 Euros (RRP).
Highlights at a glance
- Gigabit WAN port for connecting a cable, DSL, fiber optic modem or an existing network
- 2 x 2 dual-band Wireless AC + N (866 Mbit/s + 400 Mbit/s)
- 4 x gigabit LAN for connecting and networking via LAN cable
- 1 x USB 3.0 port and 1 x USB 2.0 port for printers/storage media
- FRITZ!NAS – allows users to access their data at home via app or browser from wherever they are
- Media server distributes music, pictures, and video to capable receivers (SMB, FTP, UPnP AV)
- FRITZ!App Fon can be used for calls over the Internet – Integration of iPhones and Android smartphones via WiFi
- Supports 3G and 4G dongles for Internet access via mobile communications network
- Simple configuration over the browser interface