FRITZ!Fon C5: The new all-rounder for telephony and Smart Home
- Modern DECT telephone combines full range of features with attractive design
- Top voice quality thanks to HD telephony
- Smart Home features and media player integrated
- Motion and brightness sensor for long battery life
The DECT telephone product range by AVM is welcoming a new all-rounder to its ranks with the FRITZ!Fon C5. The new, black telephone combines a full range of features with an attractive design. It offers all of the typical FRITZ!Fon highlights, including HD telephony, an answering machine, and several telephone books, plus convenience features like web radio, e-mail reception, a baby monitor and an alarm function. In the home network the cordless phone can control music as well as Smart Home applications. Combined with a FRITZ!Box, the high-resolution color display of the new FRITZ!Fon can display images from an intercom system or IP camera. Users of FRITZ!Fon benefit from optimum security through the encrypted transmission of their calls and regularly receive new functions via the update function. Thanks to DECT Eco the power of the radio signal is reduced during standby operation. The phone is also equipped with a motion and brightness sensor as well as volume keys located on the side. Updates with new features for the FRITZ!Fon can be installed at the touch of a button. FRITZ!Fon C5 is available now for 79 euros (RRP).
FRITZ!Fon C5: Make calls simply and enjoy versatile convenience
The new FRITZ!Fon C5 masters all convenience features familiar from the FRITZ!Fon series. These include quick-dial, call diversion, three-party conferences, an alarm and a baby monitor. Users can assign different ring tones to the FRITZ!Fon or even use music titles from the media player as ring tones. In combination with a FRITZ!Box, the DECT telephone provides up to five digital answering machines, an easy-to-read call list, and telephone books with up to 300 entries including online contacts. Received calls, messages on the answering machine, e-mails, and available software updates are all signaled on the display and the message key (MWI), and can be accessed at the push of a button. Favorites can be set for each user to facilitate fast access to frequently used menus and contents. You can choose from five start screens to view the different events. The volume can easily be adjusted with the buttons on the side of the handset.
An all-rounder: Telephony, music, Smart Home control, web services
With the FRITZ!Fon C5 you can enjoy conversations in excellent HD quality. Whether calls are made to analog, ISDN, VoIP or mobile users, FRITZ!Fon automatically provides optimum sound quality. On top of this, FRITZ!Fon can be used as a remote control for many applications within the smart FRITZ! home network. The integrated media player makes it easy to play music or show pictures saved on the FRITZ!Box or other media servers on any playback device including a Smart TV. The FRITZ!Fon can also be deployed as a remote control for Smart Home applications, for instance to switch devices using smart plugs such as FRITZ!DECT 200, FRITZ!Powerline 546E, or to regulate the heating with the radiator thermostat Comet DECT. Starting with the 6.50 version of FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box, the FRITZ!Fon can even receive live images from the intercom system. It is also possible to open the door with the FRITZ!Fon. A broad array of services like e-mail reception, web radio, RSS feeds and podcasts add value to the feature list. The high-resolution color display (180 ppi), an illuminated keyboard and intuitive menu navigation assist the user in making telephone calls, navigating, and using the various services.
Green AP mode and secure encryption
When DECT Eco mode is enabled, DECT radio transmission is turned off completely on the base station and the FRITZ!Fon during standby operation. Sensitive light and proximity sensors extend battery life to as long as 12 days on standby by adjusting the illumination on the display and keyboard to ambient light conditions. An integrated motion sensor wakes up the handset whenever the user picks it up. As in all AVM DECT telephones, every connection is encrypted by default.
FRITZ!Box as the ideal partner
All FRITZ!Box models with an integrated DECT base station – for DSL, cable, LTE (4G) or fiber optics – support the new FRITZ!Fon C5. The FRITZ!Box provides the entire range of convenience and data services for the FRITZ!Fon. Settings can be configured conveniently in the FRITZ!Box user interface. The voice, audio and control data provided by the FRITZ!Box are transferred in encrypted form via the robust DECT standard. AVM offers regular updates for the FRITZ!Box and for FRITZ!Fon.
Highlights at a glance: The new FRITZ!Fon C5
- DECT cordless phone with many convenience and Smart Home functions
- Top voice quality thanks to HD telephony, full duplex hands-free communication
- Internet radio, e-mail reception, hands-free calling, baby monitor, alarm, alternating between calls, three-party conference call
- Smart Home control of smart plugs such as FRITZ!DECT 200
- A high-resolution color display, illuminated keypad, stereo headset jack
- Voice transmission encrypted upon delivery for greater security
- Display of live images from webcams or intercom systems including door opening function
- Control of UPnP media servers and Smart Home devices
- Telephone book for 300 entries, online contacts and multiple answering machines
- Call lists, alarm, baby monitor, Do Not Disturb
- DECT Eco: Radio network switched off automatically on standby
- New functions can be added easily through free updates
- Control of FRITZ!Box functions including wireless LAN switch, Smart Home applications, playback function of the media server
- Convenience functions like ring tones and background images easy to manage via the FRITZ!Box interface
- Ten hours of talking time, up to 12 days on standby
- Light, proximity and motion sensor for energy-efficient display operation
- Bug-proof through the latest DECT encryption
- Headset port for hands-free calling and listening to music
- Volume control buttons on the side of the handset