Mesh WiFi with FRITZ! - here's how
The new FRITZ!OS 7 brings a whole host of updates and improvements to FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!WLAN Repeaters and FRITZ!Powerline devices (with wireless LAN capability), including Mesh WiFi. Mesh means your devices intelligently adapt to your home network and communicate even smarter with each other. Our handy guide shows you how to set up your home network for mesh in just a few steps.
1. Make sure your FRITZ!Box is updated to FRITZ!OS 7
Install the new FRITZ!OS 7, which is available for all current FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and FRITZ!Powerline models.
- When you're in the FRITZ!Box user interface go to "System > Update > Find New FRITZ!OS".
- Click "Start Update" in the menu. Your FRITZ!Box will now be updated to FRITZ!OS 7.
2. Open the Home Network Overview and carry out the updates for your FRITZ! products.
- After you've installed the update, go to the FRITZ!Box user interface and click on "Home Network > Mesh". You will now be able to see the devices in your home network and which ones are connected. If there are updates for your FRITZ! products they will be displayed here.
- Perform all of the updates shown in the home network overview.
And you're done! Mesh WiFi with FRITZ! is enabled
All FRITZ! products are now integrated in the mesh network and will be displayed in your FRITZ!Box user interface. They'll have a "Mesh enabled" symbol next to them, so you'll be able to see straightaway what's happening in your home network.
Also good to know: FRITZ!WLAN Repeaters and FRITZ!Powerline devices (that are compatible with WiFi) runs on FRITZ!OS 6.92 out-of-the-box. This means they support mesh networking straight out-of-the-box. FRITZ!OS 7 will be rolled out for additional FRITZ! products in the near future. You can activate and integrate them into your mesh network at the touch of a button - find out more in our handy FAQs.