FRITZ! News - The secure, convenient FRITZ!Hotspot
The secure, convenient FRITZ!Hotspot
With a FRITZ!Box, it is easy for cafés, offices or medical practices to offer their visitors an independent wireless guest access that is securely isolated from your own network. As the provider of a hotspot, you can even have the FRITZ!Box send you a daily e-mail to notify you which devices logged into the wireless network when.
Invite your guests to surf
Your FRITZ!Hotspot is also ideal for the home. Guests invited to dinner can also be offered a convenient Internet connection in a wireless network all their own. The FRITZ!Boxes, even older models back to the 7270, offer versatile configuration options. For maximum benefit, update your box by installing the latest free FRITZ!OS.
Your own hotspot in just a few steps
No specialized knowledge is required to provide an Internet connection to guests to your home or office:
- Users simply search for wireless networks and find your FRITZ!Hotspot under the standard name "FRITZ!Box guest access".
- Print out a QR code from the FRITZ!Box interface, so that all your guests need to do is scan it with their smartphone or tablet.
- With WPS you can connect wireless devices and the FRITZ!Box at the press of a button.
- If you run a café or hair salon or share an office, you can simply print out the access information and display it for your patrons or colleagues.
Flexible hours for your wireless hotspot
- You can switch the hotspot on or off any time using the convenient FRITZ!App WLAN for Android or your FRITZ!Fon.
- The schedule for your own wireless network with detailed switching times can also be applied to the guest network.
- Or click to specify that the hotspot always closes after a certain amount of time, or whenever the last guest has logged off.