Here's what the Info LED on your FRITZ!Box can do
Everything in view
Is the FRITZ!Box in your home in a place where you can see it? If so, a simple glance at the Info LED will let you know if someone called while you were out – and that's just one of the events the LED can signal. In additon, the FRITZ!Box 7590 offers a nice extra: If the LED lights are too bright for you, they can be dimmed and it can also adjust the brightness of the LEDs itself, adjusting to the surrounding light levels. You can turn this feature on or off whenever you want.
These functions can be assigned to the Info LED
In the FRITZ!Box user interface you can assign many different functions to the Info LED. Go to the "System" menu and select "Button and LEDs". The "'Info' Display" page will be opened. Here you can assign one of the following options to the Info LED. The LED is on or flashing green:
- The free data volume / free online time is exhausted (LED flashes).
- The wireless guest access or FRITZ! hotspot is enabled (LED lights up).
- A device is registed with the wireless guest access (LED lights up).
- A device is connected via the LAN port (LED lights up).
- A device is connected to the USB port (LED lights up).
- You missed a call (LED flashes).
- You have a message on the answering machine (LED lights up).
- You have a new message on the answering machine, a missed call, or a new fax (LED flashes).
- Do Not Disturb is enabled (LED lights up).
- DECT is enabled (LED lights up).
- The internet connection is active (LED lights up).
If you do not make a selection for the Info LED function, the LED will flash green for these preset events:
- An update is in progress.
- The security settings of the wireless network are being transmitted to a FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick.
- A cordless telephone is being registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- A smart home device is being registered with the FRITZ!Box.
If your Info LED lights up red, however, this indicates an error. In this case you can find more details in the "Overview" area of the user interface. Our Knowledge Base also explains what to do when the LEDs on your FRITZ!Box signal an error.