FRITZ! Lab for FRITZ!Box 7490
This FRITZ! Lab update comes straight from our Development team and offers a glimpse at the upcoming FRITZ!OS functions contained in the next major update.
It comes with many innovations and improvements for MyFRITZ!, USB/NAS and DECT/FRITZ!Fon, plus other exciting topics. Among the highlights are the improved USB performance and support of "Let's Encrypt". Other interesting features will follow in the coming weeks.
Features at a glance
- Increased speed when using USB storage media with NTFS data systems > more
- MyFRITZ! access to your FRITZ!Box via internet now comes without security information in the browser > more
- New features for FRITZ!Fon devices > more
- DSL - detection and removal of Powerline interference on DSL lines > more
- DECT - Support for standardized smart home protocol HAN-FUN based on DECT-ULE > more
Installing the beta on your FRITZ!Box
You're not using the current FRITZ!OS in your FRITZ!Box yet? Then first update FRITZ!OS to the latest release version. Find out more here.
Once your FRITZ!Box has the latest FRITZ!OS installed you can start installation of the lab version.
- Read and confirm the information displayed.
- Click "Download" and save the file on your computer.
- Unpack the lab file (*.zip)
- Use the FRITZ!Box user interface to install the update and then select "View: Advanced" in the footer.
- Select the "System / Update" menu.
- Select the "FRITZ!OS file" tab. Save the settings of your FRITZ!Box.
- Then enter the name of the lab version with its complete path in the input field (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Desktop\FRITZ!Box-Lab-xxxx.image).
- Click "Start Update".
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
During the update process the "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box will flash. The LED goes out once the update is complete. Please be patient, as this process may take several minutes. As soon as the update has been completed, the FRITZ!Box restarts and is then ready for operation.
This FRITZ! Lab version is a beta. We tested the software in standard environments before making it available to the public, but it may still result in malfunctions. AVM will not be liable for any damages that arise from the use of the lab version. Of course you can reinstall a regular version of FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box at any time using the Windows recover.exe program included in this lab package.
Please also note the information about the use of lab versions in the labinfo.txt. It is contained in the lab file (*.zip).
Attention: The official FRITZ!OS can only be reinstalled with the Windows Recover program included in this lab version. It is not available for 7490 editions that are supplied by internet providers, except for the 1&1 Homeserver.
Choose your FRITZ!Box model
Language: multi language
FRITZ!OS version: 6.98-56435