FRITZ! Lab for FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
This FRITZ! Lab update comes straight from our Development team and offers a glimpse at the upcoming FRITZ!OS functions contained in the next major update.
It comes with many updates and improvements for mobile networks, wireless LAN, MyFRITZ!, USB/NAS and DECT/FRITZ!Fon, telephony and much more. Among the highlights are the parallel use of internet access via mobile networks and DSL/WAN, fall-back options for internet access, the new FRITZ! Hotspot, improved USB performance and new functions for FRITZ!Fon devices.
Features at a glance
- Parallel use of internet access via mobile networks and DSL/WAN
- New fall-back options for internet access
- New to the FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE: Mesh WiFi
- New features for FRITZ! Hotspot
- Reduced waiting times for wireless LAN channel switches >48 in the 5 GHz band (Zero Wait DFS)
- Your browser no longer displays a security warning when you use MyFRITZ! to access your FRITZ!Box
- Increased speeds when using USB storage media with NTFS data systems
- New functions for FRITZ!Fon devices
- Transmit phone numbers to additional FRITZ!Boxes in your home network
- Scheduling function for diverting calls: set it up once and you'll always be available
- Support for Deutsche Telekom SIP Trunking
Installing the beta on your FRITZ!Box
You're not using the current FRITZ!OS in your FRITZ!Box yet? Then first update FRITZ!OS to the latest release version. Here we tell you how this works.
Once your FRITZ!Box has the latest FRITZ!OS installed you can start installation of the lab version.
- Read and confirm the information displayed.
- Click "Download" and save the file on your computer.
- Unpack the lab file (*.zip)
- Use the FRITZ!Box user interface to install the update and then select "View: Advanced" in the footer.
- Select the "System / Update" menu.
- Select the "FRITZ!OS file" tab. Save the settings of your FRITZ!Box.
- Then enter the name of the lab version with its complete path in the input field (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Desktop\FRITZ!Box-Lab-xxxx.image).
- Click "Start Update".
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
During the update process the "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box will flash. The LED goes out once the update is complete. Please be patient, as this process may take several minutes. As soon as the update has been completed, the FRITZ!Box restarts and is then ready for operation.
Note when using multiple FRITZ!Boxes: only one FRITZ!Box can and must play the role of the "Mesh Master". In the default setting, this is the Box with the direct connection to the Internet. You can adjust the role of a FRITZ!Box within the mesh network over the support page (fritz.box/support.lua).
This FRITZ! Lab version is a beta. We tested the software in standard environments before making it available to the public, but it may still result in malfunctions. AVM will not be liable for any damages that arise from the use of the lab version. Of course you can reinstall a regular version of FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box using the Windows recover.exe program included in this lab package at any time.
Please also note the information about the use of lab versions in the labinfo.txt. It is contained in the lab file (*.zip).
Attention: The official FRITZ!OS can only be reinstalled with the Windows Recover program included in this lab version.
FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE