Detailed information about FRITZ! Mesh - Connecting FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with another Mesh Repeater
Integrating FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh via LAN
Integrate your FRITZ!Repeater into your FRITZ!Box's Mesh via LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
As soon as the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated in the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Repeater in LAN bridge mode
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Integrating the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
To set up the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge, first connect it to your FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master) via wireless LAN. The repeater is then automatically integrated into the Mesh:
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the Mesh Master (FRITZ!Box). If the FRITZ!Repeater is already connected to the home network over LAN, clear this connection.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the Mesh Master (FRITZ!Box) for the time indicated in the table until its "WLAN" LED flashes:
Connect button Duration Connect / WPS about 1 second WPS about 1 second WLAN about 6 seconds WLAN WPS about 6 seconds
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green; after about 5 seconds the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the Mesh.
3 Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Repeater should use and click "Next".
- Keep the wireless settings displayed for the FRITZ!Repeater and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the home network
- Connect the FRITZ!Repeater to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Powerline adapter).
Now the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the Mesh and is available as a wireless access point. The FRITZ!Repeater's signal strength LEDs indicate the quality of the wireless connection of the first device to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Repeater's wireless network.