Security - Security update for the FRITZ!Box
The security update provided in February 2014 protects the FRITZ!Box from all known attack patterns. AVM thus recommends that all users install the security update.
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Box. Enter fritz.box in the web browser.
- Click "Wizards".
- Go to the Wizards and click "Update" or "Update Firmware".
Delete any unknown IP telephones to make sure that they cannot be used to make make unauthorized calls:
1. Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
2. Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
3. You can recognize IP telephones because they are designated as "LAN/WLAN". Click the corresponding "Delete" button to delete any IP telephones you are not familiar with.
Please change all of the passwords that were saved in the FRITZ!Box!
Note: Passwords for third-party Internet services (for example e-mail, Facebook, MyFRITZ!, etc.) also have to be changed with the corresponding provider.